Monday, December 2, 2013

Are You Ready for Christmas?


Since we only post once a month on Lady Scribes, I only have one shot at saying Merry Christmas! So here it is! During all of the rush for Christmas--all the parties, the Christmas activities if you attend Christmas shows, the decorating, getting ready for friends and family, and the gift buying, some of us also are on deadline. I have edits due on a book, and I need to turn another book in.

During all this hectic time, it's our mission to take care of us--to take a break every once in a while, soak in a tub, read a good book, drink a peppermint mocha, just take time for us--and remember that to really enjoy the time, and if you aren't, simplify things a bit.



My son is going to Afghanistan during Christmas, so they dispensed with the Christmas decorations, and we all bought a few things, and wrapped up the gifts, and that was it. We opened them, shared the love over Thanksgiving, and everyone had a great time. No huge time commitment. No big feast. We still had Thanksgiving leftovers. They had planned to decorate for it, and then my son would have helped my daughter-in-law take down all the decorations as he was leaving really soon afterwards, and for what? A lot of work for just a week of feeling like Christmas.

Yes, it's fun and cheerful and feels more like Christmas, but sometimes less is more. So remember this when you're feeling maxed out and more like the Grinch--is it because you have too much on your plate? Cut back and enjoy the holidays. You never know, but that might be the best Christmas you have ever had.


I was excited to write my first ever Christmas book, and now I'm just finishing up my 2nd: A Highland Wolf Christmas.





So if you want a Christmas story that's a little different--fighting in the Amazon jungle, rescuing hostages, solving Christmas tree farm murders and finding the spirit of Christmas for two people who normally don't see the time as anything special, and they're wolf-shifters, too, and... well, just lots of adventure, conflict, mystery, and love, then take a break and read a Christmas book. It might just get you in the mood for the holidays--that will be much less "wild" than what Bjornolf and Anna have to get through to have their special holiday. :)

Can an Alpha Wolf Who’s Met His Match…
Navy SEAL Bjornolf Jorgenson has had tough missions before, but going undercover with feisty gray wolf Anna Johnson could top the list. She drives him crazy—in more ways than one. Now he has to investigate a murder, supervise a wild teenage wolf—and handle Christmas with Anna.

Survive the Holidays with Her?
 For Anna, the only thing worse than staging the perfect family Christmas is having to do it with Bjornolf posing as her husband. Anna is a serious undercover operative who isn’t afraid of a fight, even with a hunky SEAL shifter. With a killer on the loose, Anna just wants to focus on their mission, but the one thing she can’t fight is her sizzling chemistry with Bjornolf.

Buy links:
Amazon
Barnes and Noble
Indie Bound
Powell’s Books
Books-A-Million 




So from my house to yours--even if this isn't MY house but a store in Salado's decorations--have a lovely holiday month, full of sharing and caring, and just plain fun.

Merry Christmas, a wee bit early!!!


So now, are you ready for Christmas???

Terry
“Giving new meaning to the term alpha male where fantasy IS reality.”
www.terryspear.com

4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you too, Terry. My thoughts and prayers are with your son and family. I think you make an excellent point that Christmas isn't about all the decorations or gift, but it's about appreciating time with family and friends. One of the best Christmases we had was very simple. We were planning a big vacation in February and told the kids we weren't buying many gifts that year. They were content, and the vacation created more memories than anything we could have wrapped and put under the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never really do much for Christmas, honestly. This year, my mom is coming to visit and I have projects planned for around the house. No tree for me--the cats would destroy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart goes out to you on your son’s assignment. My son and daughter-in-law will be saying farewell to their Marine son after Christmas as he heads to Japan for a two-year tour. My daughter-in-law is feeling quite distraught and I so feel for her. They are working on a very special Christmas this year. Wishing you and your family a very happy Christmas. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for a Happy New Year!
    Bring you Good wishes of happiness.

    Sorry for greeting you earlier,, just don't want miss saying this.
    By the way, I'm clotee. It's my first time visiting your blog. I am blogger too, and now try my best luck to open an e-store. Nice to know you.

    Regards,
    Clotee

    ReplyDelete